FANFIC GUIDE, HOW-TO & RULES- To post a single chaptered fic or drabble:
Posting a single story is easy. Start a new topic. Place the following info in your subject line:Your Story Title - by Your Name - Rated NC-17, R, PG,
Then post your story in the message body. Please mind posting guidelines, like not using special characters or super big fonts and such.- To post a multi chaptered fic:
If you're fic is multi-chaptered, please contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org
) with the fic's title, your name and the rating and I'll create a folder for you to post individual chapters to. Sorry to make you have to contact me, but the script is really to host chat forums, not posting stories, so each story has to be posted in its own 'forum' (folder), and only the admin can create them.
Once I've created your folder, post chapters individually by creating a 'new topic' for each chapter, just as you would if you were posting a drabble. TO REC FICS:
Please use the following guidelines:
- Create a new topic in the Fancfic recommendations forum. Use the title, author's name and rating as the topic title, for instance: Taste - by Kate J. - Rated NC-17
- The following information MUST be included in some way, particularly the summary. If the author hasn't written one, please write a short summary yourself and tell us why you're recommending the fic:
Link to the fic:
Your comments, if any:- DO NOT post an entire story here- only link to them!
- Don't post multiple recs in a single post. Create new topics for each one so that people can discuss them individually. This will keep things easy to find and comment to.
- Feel free to create as many recs or post as many of your stories as you like. Also feel free to discuss each fic within the replies. Go nuts : ).
- Please don't create topics to talk about a fic or about writing fic, etc. Talk about it in your comments or within the replies. If you want to talk about fanfiction just in general, keep it to the Fanfic, Etc Board.
- Do not rec your own fics here. Post them in the HHr fic forum. This is to recommend your favorite fics only.