[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
The Hollow - HarryLovesHermione.com's HHr Forums • View topic - So, you like it or want the old style back?

So, you like it or want the old style back?

Thought the boards could use some updating. The old colors matched the site but made it harder to read the text. Let me know what you think! Yay or nay?

Love it or leave it?

I like the lighter design. Keep it.
75%
Oh hell no. It doesn't match the rest of the site. Lose it.
25%
I could really care less.
No votes

Total votes : 4

I haven't decided whether or not I want to keep this. I may make a better graphic. I just made something quickly to test out the boards and see if the image would work. I like the fact that it's lighter, and it makes reading the text a lot easier. I originally thought people would just use this for graphics and such. I'm surprised how many fanfic posts there are! So I thought it might help.

Definitely let me know what you guys think!
katej
Site Admin

Undecided to be honest. I do like the old one, but the new one isn't bad. Perhaps a little.. glaring?

At the end of the day it's your website though! ;) :D
I have to say that if Harry doesn’t end up with Hermione, my second choice has to be Luna, that girl is so cool! I really don’t like Ginny…
—Daniel Radcliffe (Celebrity Extra, November 2005)
iank

I really like it. I like that it's much brighter and I especially like that my monitor behaves with it properly fitting in the window - I was scrolling side-to-side before.
avidbeader

I think this is a pretty cool theme! I miss the old one, but I am pretty sure I'll get use to this one. :)
Lady Asphodel

I like it. Much brighter. :)
Nora

Overall it's good, but you would need to change the color of the usernames of normal users from white to something darker; can't read them well at all right now.
rudy

rudy wrote:Overall it's good, but you would need to change the color of the usernames of normal users from white to something darker; can't read them well at all right now.

I agree. I've been looking through the code trying to find the code for that specifically but I can't seem to find it in the css code anywhere. It's got to be there, obviously, but it's just not easy to find. It's such a huge css form.

I'd also like to make the 'quote' button a bit larger, for when you want to respond to people's posts. It's so small right now.

I'm going to make up a few banners and let you guys vote on which one to keep.

I do like the lighter/red design, though. I feel like I can read everything better. Maybe I'm just getting old, but the dark font on the darker background was straining my eyes at night.
katej
Site Admin

Hmm, might try doing a search for the color code http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css_colornames.asp of either the normal user (which looks just white #FFFFFF to me. Possibly "snow" #FFFAFA, or several other off whites on that page) or the administrator color (which is either orange #FFA500 or darkorange #FF8C00).

If you've already tired that, forgive my presumption.
rudy

rudy wrote:Hmm, might try doing a search for the color code http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css_colornames.asp of either the normal user (which looks just white #FFFFFF to me. Possibly "snow" #FFFAFA, or several other off whites on that page) or the administrator color (which is either orange #FFA500 or darkorange #FF8C00).

If you've already tired that, forgive my presumption.

Yep, already did, but thank you anyway. I'm actually a web developer by trade so this stuff is pretty simple. I just don't work with this type of forum coding that often, and the color doesn't seem to be any variation of white that I can find. Can't find the orange one, either. It's strange that it's not being made up in the css file but, rather, somewhere else. There are about 40 pages of stuff I still have to look through, though.

To be honest, I just installed it last night and haven't had much time to look through it. I looked a bit today but most of my time was spent throwing together the banner before I went to work.

But... I'll find it eventually. I always do.
katej
Site Admin

One thing I've noticed in the last couple of visits: I will type out a message and hit "submit" but get an error message about "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again." I find that if I preview my message then submit it'll go through.
avidbeader

Yes, I keep getting that too. :shock:
I have to say that if Harry doesn’t end up with Hermione, my second choice has to be Luna, that girl is so cool! I really don’t like Ginny…
—Daniel Radcliffe (Celebrity Extra, November 2005)
iank

Re: submitting issue.

I've suddenly begun having the same problem. It wasn't happening before. It may be a Phpbb issue as this is an older theme. So I may need to use a more updated one.

I definitely don't want you guys to go through that. The author of the theme is no longer able to be contacted, so I may just change this theme to a less troublesome one. According to the forum I've been going through, the author kind of abandoned the theme so he didn't really fix all the things he should have.

That being said, if you see the forums changing a bunch, don't be alarmed; it's just me playing around with stuff!
katej
Site Admin

Yeah, I was having that submitting issue before, too. Seems to still be happening at the moment.

One small objection to the current theme, is that there doesn't seem to be, in thread, a way to see when a post was made by someone else. You can see it when you go to the Reply view, though.
rudy

Yeah, seeing the same error, though now it'll go if I hit "submit" twice - no preview necessary.

(And this time it went through straightaway.)
avidbeader

I noticed that too. If you hit preview twice, it will show you the preview. If you hit submit twice, it finally submits the post.

I assume Oxygen is the name of the theme.

I kinda prefer the old theme - the colors were nice. But I can live with this too.
sandtreader

I dunno, I did like the old theme though.
Harmony Forever!
chirag84

Return to Trying out a new theme...