[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
The Hollow - HarryLovesHermione.com's HHr Forums • View topic - Forever Knight

Forever Knight

Have a favorite HHr fic that you want to rec? Do it here. There are so many amazing HHr fics out there. I've found most of my favs through recommendations from someone else so go ahead and give us all of your favs! Remember that this forum is for recommending other people's stories only. Post your own in the HHr fic section.

PLEASE read the fanfic posting guide before trying to post.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12
Forever Knight
Author: DeliverMeFromEve
Rating: NC-17
Summary: War, werewolves, wizards, death, the undead… Harry has his work cut out for him. And then there’s Hermione, who’s a different set of vamp-angst altogether. Though war and death has changed so much, Harry knows he could beat the odds of a bitter fate. Now he just has to make her believe it. WARNINGS: Probably too much sex and extreme violence. EXCERPT: It was a night like this one long before when Hermione Granger became the center of his life. He didn’t know back then that was what happened. All he knew was that she had appeared at the Dursley doorstep and quite possibly shifted his understanding of life.

Personal assessment: This fic is dark and filled with romance and angst. It's post-HBP, and contains loads of action even if it is pretty heavy on emotions. Reading this is, you'll feel like your emotions hit rock bottom and proceed to get dragged along the jagged surface. At least that's how I felt after I first read this story. It's 500k words long, but definitely worth it.
Inzainiac

Thanks very much for this recommendation. I'm reading this at the moment (have been for much of the last week, about 2/3rds of the way through now) and it's absolutely excellent.

It really is emotionally gruelling, though, isn't it? :o I think it's only the 2nd time I've actually been welling up reading fan-fic (how sad lol). There better be a happy ending or I might have to go stick my head in an oven! :P
I have to say that if Harry doesn’t end up with Hermione, my second choice has to be Luna, that girl is so cool! I really don’t like Ginny…
—Daniel Radcliffe (Celebrity Extra, November 2005)
iank

Yeah, so far, this is my all-time favorite fanfic. I don't want to give away anything, but you are definitely right about what it does to your emotions :P

This author has another fic called "Angelica" that is also very well-written, but the plot doesn't appeal to me as much. It's worth trying though, you may like it more than I did.
Inzainiac

Finished FK during the week. Definitely ONE OF my all time favourites. Really superb.

I'm going through her other fics now, always do when I find a writer I like. Haven't gotten to that one yet though.
I have to say that if Harry doesn’t end up with Hermione, my second choice has to be Luna, that girl is so cool! I really don’t like Ginny…
iank

Anjelica is pretty good, if not as good as FK. Nearly finished that.

I did really enjoy Hermione Full of Grace too - some adorable H/Hr moments in that. Not that I'm a big sap or anything. :P
iank

Haven't read that one yet... guess I should :o
Inzainiac

Indeed. It was very enjoyable, even if there are times in the first half you just want to smack their heads together!
iank

Reading Forever Knight for the second time. Still absolutely stunning.

I'm coming up to the end of the first part again. So heartwrenching. :(
iank

I'm listening to an audiobook version of this I did myself atm and it's still amazing!
iank

Return to Fanfic Recommendations